News : By law which hose assemblies must be CRN certified?
By law, hose assemblies
require CRNs as outlined in CSA B51-97: Boiler, Pressure Vessel, and
Pressure Piping Code.
Hose assemblies are included under the category "D" fittings in the code. This
typically includes hose assemblies associated with a boiler (i.e. steam hose),
a compressor (i.e. air hose), or a pressurized tank/cylinder (i.e. oxygen hose,
nitrogen hose, etc).
The following exemptions are allowed:
- pressure vessels less than 1.5 cubic feet
- pressure less than 15 psi
- air hose assemblies 3/4" I.D. and smaller
- propane, acetylene, fuel gas assembles (these are covered by the Fuel Gas
- water hose assemblies up to 250 psi and under 150 degrees F.
It should also be noted that most hydraulic hose assemblies and pressure wash
assemblies are associated only with a pump and not a pressure vessel and therefore
are outside the code.
return the the main news page
|© 2014 R. W. Hamilton Ltd.
- All rights reserved
» web design by vaxxine «